Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy birthday!

It was my __eighteenth____ birthday so I ran home from school. When I got to my __big____ house it looked like no one was home. “Hello!” I shouted. “Where is my ___crazy___ family? Your __little____ son and brother is home now!” No one answered. I went to our ____small__ kitchen to see if there was a note. No note. Not even a __short____ note. I went into the __blue____ room and turned on the _black_____ television. There was a __fun____ show on. I turned the television off. I went back into the kitchen to get something to eat. “I want something that’s ___good___ to eat,” I said to myself. I saw yogurt but it was pineapple flavored. “I don’t want _yellow_____ yogurt. I want __pink____ yogurt,” I said, grabbing a ___strawberry___ yogurt. I sat down to eat the __sweet____ yogurt. Then I looked for something else. I found _____cherry_ candy. I was just about to eat it when the _white_____ telephone rang. “Hello?” It was my ____old__ mom. She told me she would be home soon, but needed me to go into the ___dark___ basement to get a ___fat___ chicken from the ___cold___ freezer. “Okay,” I said. Then I ate some ____yummy__ candy.

The telephone rang again. “Honey,” my mom said, “please get the __orange____ chicken from the basement now!”

“Okay!” I said again. As I walked toward the ___dirty___ basement stairs I started wondering how she knew I hadn’t gone down to the basement yet. I opened the __small____ door. I slowly crept down the __wet____ steps into the __blue___ basement. I was getting the creeps. How did she know? Why was it so dark? The __triangle____ stairs made creaking noises. Finally, I got to the bottom and waved my hand around to try to find the __soft____ light switch. I felt some __invisible__ cobwebs and shrieked just a little. Just then, the ___red___ lights came on and I heard __loud____ voices screaming, “Happy Birthday!” I nearly ran all the way back up the ___strange___ steps. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it would break right through my ___strong___ chest! I saw the ____circle__ basement was full of __crazy____ people. They were holding ____heart__ balloons and ___large___ gifts. Everyone I knew was there— my ___happy___ mom, my ___thin___ Aunt Amelia, my ___bad___ sister Lindsay, all our ____tall__ neighbors and all of my _short__ friends.


So __this____ is where everyone was, and __that____ was how my ____fat__ mom knew I hadn’t come downstairs yet. The _delicious_____ chicken, I just remembered! I went to the ___hot___ freezer and opened the door to grab an ___scary____ chicken. Everyone stared at me. Then they all started to laugh. “No, honey,” my mom said, “we don’t need a chicken after all. Tonight we’re having ___stinky___ pizza and ___ugly___ birthday cake with ____long__ candles!” We went upstairs and had a party!


No comments:

Post a Comment